Brisbane Trike Tours is an accredited and fully authorised and licenced tour operator business and carries liability insurance.
Helmets provided are all Australian standards approved. Whilst a wide range of sizes is kept on hand, the rider reserves the right to decline a tour if a properly fitting helmet is not available. A full refund will be made in this case. Passengers are free to bring their own helmets if they wish. We are required by law to have passengers wear protective clothing, so we recommend long pants and closed shoes. We provide motorcycle jackets and gloves. We also suggest safety lanyards to secure cameras or mobile phones during the tour. For safety of the rider, passengers and other road users, we will not stop on busy roads to retrieve lost shoes, cameras etc.
The tours operate in wet weather, however if weather or other conditions are considered by the rider to have the potential to impact on the safety of passengers, tours may be cancelled or changed. Please see our refund policies for further information.
For the safety of both the passengers and rider, and to comply with insurance and vehicle design requirements, the trike has a total passenger weight limit of 190kgs.
Payment and cost information, Refund Policies and Gift Voucher policy
- Payment in full within 7 days of the invoice date (or by the date requested by Brisbane Trike Tours for tours with less than 7 days’ notice) via PayPal, credit card or immediate bank transfer is required to confirm all bookings. Credit card payments may incur a surcharge.
- Packaged tour costs shown online are on a ‘starting from’ basis assuming Brisbane CBD or reasonably nearby suburban pick-up and drop-off locations. Pick-up and drop-off locations which are a significant distance from Brisbane CBD may incur additional travel costs depending upon the circumstances, but in all cases we endeavour to be fair to all parties.
- Where Brisbane Trike Tours cancel a tour for any reason other than inclement weather, a full refund of any monies paid will be made with no deduction for administration fees.
- Tours cancelled by Brisbane Trike Tours due to inclement weather will be offered a rescheduled tour date. Passengers unable to reschedule due to having to return to an unreasonably remote location in Australia, or to a different country, will be provided a full refund less any credit or similar surcharges that apply.
- Where the customer cancels a tour for any reason not less than two weeks prior to the tour date, a full refund of all monies paid, less a $25 administration fee, will be made.
- Where the customer cancels a tour for any reason less than *two weeks, but more than **48 hours, prior to the tour date, 50% of the tour cost paid will be forfeited, unless the tour is rescheduled.
- Where the customer cancels a tour for any reason less than **48 hours prior to the tour date, and for ‘no shows’, the entire tour cost paid will be forfeited, unless the tour is rescheduled.
- In the event Brisbane Trike Tours is able to secure a replacement booking for a tour cancelled by the customer, we will refund in full, less a $25 administration fee and any difference in the cost of the original booking and any new replacement booking made for the same date when the original booking is not rescheduled.
- In calculating cancellation dates and times for the above, Australian Eastern Standard Time is to be used.
- Gift vouchers are valid for 12 months from issue date, i.e. the date on which the voucher was signed and validated by Christina McDonnell, Owner/Operator. There will be no refund issued for expired and unused gift vouchers.
- Paid invoiced tours with a ‘to be advised’ tour date are valid for 12 months from the invoice date. There will be no refund issued for tours not taken within 12 months of the paid invoice date.
- Ultimate responsibility for arranging the taking up of gift vouchers, or invoices with a ‘to be advised’ tour date, rests with the purchaser, although Brisbane Trike Tours may, at their discretion, try to make contact to remind purchasers that the vouchers or invoices are about to expire.
* “two weeks” prior to the tour date means, for example, that if a tour is booked for 10am on Friday July 31 2015, then two weeks prior commences at 10am Friday July 17 2015.
**”48 hours prior to the tour date” means, for example, that if a tour is booked for 10am on Friday July 31 2015, then 48 hours prior commences at 10am on Wednesday July 29 2015.